Paving * Patio * Driveway * Concrete Contractor
Serving North, Central and South Jersey Counties
*Bergen *Middlesex *Monmouth *Essex *Hudson
*Free In Home Consultation !*
Asphalt Driveway Repair
- See if weeds are growing out of the cracks, clean them and treat them.
- Clean cracks, any broken pieces of asphalt obstructing in the way. Next, use a wire brush to remove dirt and debris from the crack. Finally using power wash or air gun is used to make sure that all of the debris have been removed. Treat with weed killer.
- If cracks are deep, fill it with sand, tamp down the sand.
- Before patching the crack, it is very important for the affected area to clean and smooth as so that the patching material can adhere.
- If the crack is deeper than 2 inches, first we fill the crack up using small, crushed gravel. Next, compact the gravel. Followed by asphalt repair compound. After compacting, more blacktop or compound material are repeated for the tamping process to ensure a leveled driveway. While the surface blacktop will dry in a day or so, the blacktop beneath may take a few weeks to completely harden.
- To replace or resurface asphalt driveway, cost varies between $3,000 and $7000, on an average typically $4500 is the average cost. Asphalt driveways typically last 12 to 20 years, depending on the quality of the installation. Better the care of your asphalt driveway, the longer it will remain in service.
- Additionally seal coating improves the appearance of asphalt pavement , it not only improves appearance but at the same time it adds years to the newly built and repaired driveway.
Call us today for your next repair or re build of Asphalt driveway for both residential and commercial purposes.